Dr. Oliver Islam
Focus | Vita
Oliver Islam advises companies and individuals on all issues of out-of-court and procedural claim enforcement in the entire field of civil law. In addition to assisting with complex litigation before state courts, he has expertise in mass civil and banking law proceedings involving a significant number of individual proceedings. In his previous practise, he also represented clients in arbitration proceedings and class actions. Dr. Islam is an authority on the regulation of the legal profession, particularly as it pertains to civil court proceedings.
He is a member of the 8th Statutory Assembly of the German Federal Bar – the legal profession’s legislative body – and a board member of the German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. ). In addition, he publishes frequently on current topics of legal professional law and lectures on these topics in continuing legal education courses. His expertise includes legal liability proceedings and, outside of civil court proceedings, advising law firms on conflicts of interest or share transfers, as well as the regulation of legal technology companies.
Admitted to practice in the Federal Republic of Germany I Member of the Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
- Founding partner at FRONTWING
- Worked in a renowned commercial law firm in Hamburg in the area of civil litigation
- Lecturer for further legal training in the field of lawyers’ professional law
- Completion of doctorate and award of “Dr. jur” degree
- Research assistant at the Chair of Public Law and Social Law at the Leibniz University of Hanover
- Legal clerkship and second state examination at the Higher Regional Court of Celle
- Study abroad at the Symbiosis Law School in Pune/India
- Studied law at the Leibniz University of Hanover
- Vorstandsmitglied des Hamburgischer Anwaltverein e.V.
- Mitglied FORUM Junge Anwaltschaft
- Mitglied der deutschen Delegation im “Young Lawyers Committee” des CCBE in Brüssel
- Mitglied der 8. Satzungsversammlung bei der Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer
- Vorstandsmitglied des Deutschen Anwaltsvereins e.V.
- Das Kapitalbeteiligungsverbot an Anwaltsgesellschaften, Deutscher Anwaltsverlag, Bonn 2017
- Interprofessionelle Sozietät: Gewinn für alle, Anwaltsblatt 11/2019, S. 593
- Die Finanzierung von Legal-Tech Kanzleien, Anwaltsblatt 3/2020, S. 162
- BGH erlaubt Vertragsgenerator Smartlaw: Legal Tech hat Zukunft, Anwaltsblatt Online 09/2021
- Interessenkollision und Infektionswirkung in der Jurist:innenausbildung, Anwaltsblatt 7+8/2022, S. 417
- Fiktive Anteile an Anwaltskanzleien für Nicht-Anwält:innen, Anwaltsblatt 6/2023, 351 ff.
Five experts, one goal: Your success
Diversity is our greatest asset. We examine complex issues from various angles. We combine 15 years of legal experience in a large law firm with the very personal viewpoints of five distinct characters. In order to achieve success with you, we ensure that you benefit from diverse approaches in this manner.